Makalu Base Camp Trek
Makalu Base Camp Trek is an ideal trek for the nature-loving trekker who wants to experiences a variety of landscapes and cultures. It is a perfect trek for the adventure seeker who wants to explore the isolated area of the Himalayan country and learn about the Himalayan culture and lifestyle of people living in the higher altitude. Though many people keep their interest in this trek and this region attracts only a few travelers during a year due to its remote access and off-the-beaten trekking trails. This is a long, varied and a quite strenuous trek suitable for those who are keen trekkers and nature enthusiasts and who would rather be in tranquil. While the most remote as well as unfrequented area make this trekking highly demanding and the scenic beauty and adventure aspect make it an unbeaten as well as an outstanding trek. The trek is a true adventure with scenery so beautiful that it will never tire you. This is one of the most popular trekking destinations among solitary. Still, this valley is less tourist area but it has a significant view of the mountain. The valley trek offers you the incredible diversity of natural beauty and culture and it descends to the deep George of the beautiful valley.
Makalu Base Camp Trek is famous as one of the most remote treks in all of Nepal which is located in the North-eastern Himalaya. This trek begins from Tumlingtar after 50 minutes flight from Kathmandu valley. The route also passes through dense rhododendron forest and you will also spot occasional animals like deer, languor monkeys and many different species of birds. This base camp trek is the best trek for those trekkers who seek thrills and have the guts to explore new places. Talking about the difficulty on the way and trails, the trail to this base camp is never flat. This is remote wilderness trekking for the experiences. The observed the mountain of rural ethnical and marginalize life of Sherpa and Rai people. We get an opportunity to know about the culture, tradition and the lifestyle of the Sherpa and Rai people who are the local inhabitant of this route. Most of the people are influenced by Tibetan Buddhism. The scenery along the trail ranges from mixed farming land and scattered Sherpa and Rai villages to stands of forest including rhododendron and oak. While doing trekking in this route, we get a chance to enter Makalu-Barun National Park which is well known as the home of the many rare animals, birds, flora, and fauna. Since the trekker can enjoy natural beauty throughout they never get tired. The perfect season for trekking in this route is between April to May and September to October.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Fly to Tumlingtar and drive to Chichira (1,980m) 3-4 hrs
Day 03: Chichira to Num (1,560m) 6-7 hrs
Day 04: Num to Seduwa (1,500m) 6-7 hrs
Day 05: Seduwa to Tashigaon (2,100m) 4-5 hrs
Day 06: Tashigaon to Khongma Danda (3,500m) 6-7 hrs
Day 07: Rest day in Khongma Danda
Day 08: Khongma Danda to Dobate 6-7 hrs
Day 09: Dobate to Yangri Kharka (3,557m) 6-7 hrs
Day 10: Yangri Kharka to Langmale Kharka (4,410m) 5-6 hrs
Day 11: Langmale Kharka to Makalu Base Camp (4,870m) 6-7 hrs
Day 12: Explore Makalu Base Camp
Day 13: Makalu Base Camp to Yangri Kharka 6-7 hrs
Day 14: Yangri Kharka to Dobate 6-7 hrs
Day 15: Dobate to Khongma Danda 5-6 hrs
Day 16: Khongma Danda to Tashigaon 4-5 hrs
Day 17: Tashigaon to Seduwa 4-5 hrs
Day 18: Seduwa to Num 5-6 hrs
Day 19: Num to Tumlingtar 6-7 hrs
Day 20: Tumlingtar to Kathmandu 50 mins
Day 21: Final departure
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- 2 Nights Hotel In Kathmandu with BB
- Twin sharing accommodation in a tourist city with breakfast as per itinerary.
- Bothway Domestic Flight Nepalgunj to Nepalgunj
- Local Transportation
- All 3 meals and basic accommodation during the trek.
- One English Speaking Trekking Guide License holder (His Food, Accommodation, Flight and Insurance)
- Two Clients One Porter to Carrying the Belong (His Food, Accommodation, Flight and Insurance)
- Familiar and knowledgeable guide for trek and sightseeing and 1 porter between 2 person
- All the facilities for the staff like salary, equipment, insurance, etc.
- All Trekking Permit
- International Airfare (from and to Kathmandu)
- Nepal Visa fee
- Airport Departure taxes/Excess baggage charges.
- Lunch/Dinner in Tourist city.
- Travel Insurance.
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency.
- Personal spending money, Items of personal nature i.e. Soft/hard drinks, tips, etc.
- Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslide, strikes, political unrest, etc. In such case, extra will be charged as per actual.
- Extra accommodation early arrived and let departure, early arrived from the trekking due to any case
Date & Depature